মঙ্গলবার, ১৪ ফেব্রুয়ারী, ২০১২

Pregnant women: cut in line? | BabyCenter

When I was a little over 36 weeks pregnant with my third, I was finishing up some very last minute Christmas shopping. I walked into a large bookstore and the line literally went from the front of the store to the back. I shrugged and decided just to do my shopping and suck it up and wait in line. My older two were with my husband at home, so no kids to keep entertained.

I grabbed my things and went to the back of the line. Suddenly a very energetic, friendly man was encouraging me to ?cut? in line and get in front of him. He was about 15 people ahead of me in line. For a second, I thought about it. And then I noticed them. The death glares.

If looks could kill, I would be dead on the floor from the 15 or so people behind that man. Everyone was staring at me with a ?you cut that line, we?re going to freak? look in their eyes. Old ladies were giving me the evil eye, men, what looked like other moms, and not one of them said ?yes, go ahead!? They also turned their death glares on the friendly guy encouraging the ?cutting?.

I?m pretty sure I turned red and started sweating from the looks. I said emphatically, ?No, no, I?m fine.? He asked a few times if I were sure as the rest of the line looked in silence.

A member of the Debate Team was listening to a ?it?s not cool when?? segment on the radio this morning. One woman called in and said according to the member ??It?s NOT COOL when you are obviously 8 months pregnant, you have a baby pushing on your bladder, you are waiting in line at the bathroom behind 5 other people, and they all just look at you like ?uh, you?re fine!?

If the people ahead of me in line at that bookstore are any indication of how people feel about pregnant women cutting in line, I?m going to say that most people aren?t down with it.

Perhaps my situation was unique because it was during the last minute Christmas shopping madness. But honestly, I didn?t notice much special treatment during my pregnancies. I stood in bathroom lines without anyone encouraging me to go ahead. Every once in a while, a kind-hearted person would hold a door for me or offer to carry something, but usually it was business at usual.

How to feel about pregnant women cutting in line? Should they get special treatment and get to go ahead or should they wait like everyone else?

Image source

Source: http://blogs.babycenter.com/community_buzz/should-pregnant-women-get-to-cut-in-line/

“do a barrel roll” oakland texas judge texas judge tom brokaw maria shriver andy irons

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন